If you are a coffee drinker, ditch the coffee for this healthy morning alternative. If you are looking for something warm to tuck you in at night, this too is your drink.
In Ayurveda, homemade nut milk combined with dates, spices, and ghee is revered for building ojas. Ojas is the vital essence that boosts your immunity and overall sense of vitality.
Soaking the cashews and dates the will help them blend more smoothly. Be sure to purchase organic rose petals as conventional roses are loaded with chemicals. You can purchase them locally at Community Pharmacy or online at Mountain Rose Herbs.
3 medjool dates, remove pits
1 1/2 cups of water
1 tbsp organic rose petals
1/8 tsp cardamon
1/2 tsp ghee
a few saffron threads
- Soak cashews and dates in separate glasses of filtered water for 2 hours.
- In a small pot, bring one and half cups of water to a boil. Turn off heat and add rose petals. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain and rinse the soaked cashews and dates.
- Place rose tea and petals, cashews, dates, cardamon, and ghee in the blender. Place a dish towel over the lid and hold it down, to ensure the lid doesn’t blow off given the hot water. Blend until well blended.
- Pour warm milk tea into a mug and add a few saffron threads.