Join us for an Ayurveda, yoga and meditation eco-luxury jungle retreat overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Imagine miles of pristine beaches, jungle hiking trails, secret waterfalls, a relaxed way of being, and an opportunity to rest into your true nature.
The retreat will be held at Imiloa—a boutique retreat center on 22 acres of secondary jungle in the Saverge Mountains that invokes transformation, wellness, and harmony.
Each day will begin with an hour-long class devoted to meditation and mindfulness techniques. After breakfast, the daily three-hour Ayurveda and yoga classes are intended to go beyond the general group classes you may experience back home. Throughout the week, we’ll build progressively on Ayurvedic and yogic wisdom as well as anatomical, alignment, and energetic themes.
Each afternoon there is ample free time so that, if you wish, you can hike to secret waterfalls, bird watch, sleek out the resident sloths, go horseback riding, or explore any of the other adventures Costa Rica has to offer. As remote as Imiloa feels, it is only minutes away from pristine beaches, surfing, zip-lining, nature hikes, shopping, and restaurants.
You can also spend free time at Imiloa, which has a saltwater pool with a spectacular view of the coast, hiking trails to waterfalls, and plenty of sweet spots to relax. There is also a luxury spa where self-care services may be purchased separately.
In short, this is a retreat for spiritual seekers who want to experience the profound transformation and reset that is possible when you carve out time for yourself and your practice amidst a breathtaking tropical jungle near the beach. You will experience how retreating is a path of collective care; giving you the inner resource to support the way you want to be in the world.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
This retreat will allow you to unplug from your stresses and responsibilities, from electronics and newsfeeds, and remember what is really important to you. You will get the time you need for introspection so that you can reset and come home to yourself. You’ll go deeper into your yoga and mindfulness practice and learn to create new habits. You will be awe-inspired by experiencing one of the most beautiful places on earth. You’ll also be part of an open and inclusive community of fellow spiritual seekers.
- six nights and seven days of elegant accommodation at Imiloa eco-luxury retreat center
- 3 gourmet organic meals each day with snacks, smoothies, juices & elixirs
- daily Ayurveda, yoga & meditation classes, including use of yoga mats and props
- daily transportation to Dominical shops, beaches and excursions
- 2 private plane transfers from SJO airport to Imiloa’s landing strip and all inclusive luxury ground transportation
- Access to a private waterfall, miles of nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool.
Additional activities available:
- gorgeous beaches perfect for sunning, shelling, swimming, and strolling
- surfing lessons, kayaking, sailing, horseback riding, atv tours, and ziplining
- cooking classes with a master chef
- a short drive to Dominical’s shops and cafes
- guided tours to Nauyaca Waterfall
- longer day trips to Manuel Antonio
- access to an on-site spa with a variety of massage and healing therapies
- feeling rested and restored
- remembering what is meaningful and important in your life
- with a deeper understanding of your constitutional makeup
- knowing how to cultivate healthier habits and routines
- with a deeper sense of your yoga and meditation practice
- with tools for living in tune with the seasons
- with tools for working with the mind and cultivating your intuition
- having connected with fellow spiritual travelers
- with memories that will last a lifetime
This is an example of how each day may unfold:
- 7am | Meditation & Mindfulness Practices
- 8am | Breakfast
- 9am to 10am | Ayurveda talk
- 10am to noon | Yoga practice
- 12:15pm | Lunch
- 1pm to 5pm | Free time for excursions, beach, spa treatments, hiking, solitude, etc.
- 5pm to 6pm | Yoga practice
- 6:30pm | Dinner
Nestled amongst the trees along a river or atop the mountain overlooking the ocean, Imiloa offers exquisite luxury accommodations.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design with a focus on nature and being your private refuge. Thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property. Single, double, and triple occupancy are available.
BALI JOGLO HOUSE
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands called Joglo. Complete with a fully equipped kitchen, wrap around porch with surreal views of the Pacific ocean and mountains, a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, private saltwater plunge pool, and hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time. One king bed.
BALI POTOO HOUSE
This two-floor imported 180 year old home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Potoo is modern luxury with a fully equipped kitchen, a wrap around porch, and sweeping views of the Pacific ocean and mountains. The lower level, includes a private saltwater plunge pool, private spa, and hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time. One king bed.
Three single rooms built within 200 year old Balinese homes with private en-suite baths, a shared kitchen, stunning ocean and jungle views, and easy access to the shared infinity pool. One king or two single beds.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous jungle exposed shower and bathtub. One king or two single beds.
GEODESIC RIVER DOMES
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Two king or three single beds.
Imiloa serves locally-sourced, organic gourmet vegan meals that are artistically plated, scientifically nourishing, and delightfully crafted. Enjoy unlimited snacks, smoothies, juices, and elixirs throughout the day. All meals are served in the heart of Imiloa, a stunning open air dining room with a view of the gardens and jungle.
Travel & Arrival
The high-class experience starts from the moment you land at SJO (San Jose International Airport, Costa Rica). Imiloa’s concierge team will locate you most times when you exit the plane, bring you through customs, and to your baggage. From there, you’ll be brought to our private aircraft just for you and retreat participants to be flown 15 minutes to Imiloa.
At the Quepos landing strip, the friendly Imiloa team will pick you up in LUX SUVs. The next time you’ll see your baggage will be in your accommodation. Enjoy the 25-minute drive up the mountain to Imiloa.
- A valid passport is required and must be valid at least six months after the date of travel.
- Three weeks prior to departure for the retreat you must supply your up-to-date flight information.
- Plan to arrive wheels down no later than 2 pm on arrival day to San Jose International Airport where you will be greeted by Imiloa concierge team.
- On departure day, you will arrive to the Jose International Airport at 11:30 am. It is suggested to be at the international terminal 3 hours prior to your international departure so please book your departure time accordingly.
- If you would like to arrange to extend your trip we can recommend tours and sights to see.
Other Things to Expect
We will be joined on retreat with my dear friend, colleague, and assistant teacher Rebecca Printen. Drawing from her over thirty years of experience as an Occupational therapist and yoga therapist, she has a deep understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the body. As a long time meditator and one of the kindest people I know, throughout the week of retreat Rebecca will guide various classes and will support your joyful retreat experience.
Days in Costa Rica are warm/hot and evenings are a little cooler, giving you reprieve from the heat, which helps since there is no air conditioning. The retreat happens during the dry season, so it’s highly unlikely that it’ll rain. Since we’ll be staying at a retreat center with indoor/outdoor elements, expect to be somewhat exposed to nature (including winds, cute geckos, and jungle bugs), as well as the sounds of monkeys and tropical birds when the jungle wakes up.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
Imiloa, our retreat center, has rigorous health and safety protocols in place. Participants shall be solely responsible for complying with all Covid-19 entry requirements of the destination country and re-entry requirements back to one’s country of origin.
Bali Joglo & Potoo Houses
$4900 Single occupancy
$3900 Double occupancy
Bali Suites, Bungalows & Domes
$3900 Single occupancy
$3300 Double occupancy
$3200 Triple occupancy
Costs associated with passports (required), airfare, flight changes, airline baggage fees for any and all baggage, medical and travel insurance, vaccinations, gratuities and taxes for personal services, spa services, and tours/excursions must be met by the participant.
Cancel for any reason insurance is required. Cancel for any reason travel insurance ensures you are covered should any unexpected event arise. A personal, political, environmental, health or weather-related incident or pre-existing medical condition may prevent or interrupt your travels. Although we cannot advise on specific policies or providers, Imiloa has an insurance plan with Global Rescue for guests and you may find this or this guide helpful.
This retreat will sell out quickly. It is encouraged to place your deposit soon so that you can secure your place and begin planning your remarkable retreat to paradise.
A non-refundable and non-transferable $500 deposit secures your space in the retreat. The full amount is due 90 days prior to the start date of the retreat. Refunds will be granted as per the Yoga Retreat Agreement and Release of Liability. Cancel for any reason travel insurance is required. Based on most policies, cancel for any reason insurance must be purchased within 20 days upon making the initial deposit.
For Yoga Alliance registered teachers 30 hours of continuing education are available with this retreat.