I took my first retreat in 2000 in Tulum, Mexico and have continued attending annual retreats since. Retreats continue to renew my dedication to life and heart-centered relationships. I have now led 25+ international retreats and 40+ stateside retreats.
I love teaching retreats and watching how they transform people. Layers of stress, the momentum of responsibility, and the pressure of trying to keep up with modern life’s pace all fall away. Participants begin to relax into themselves in a more genuine way. They start to remember what’s meaningful in their hearts and their lives. It’s quite beautiful to see everyone embodying their most natural true selves by the end of the retreat.
Many people reach out to say they now have a regular daily meditation, yoga, or self care practice thanks to being on a retreat. I’m thrilled to know that people are going back to their lives with more tools and more connected to intentionality along with a deepened spiritual practice. Maybe you’d like to be one of those people too.
I offer a variety of transformational retreats that deeply immerse you in the practices of Āyurveda, yoga, and meditation, while enjoying nourishing food and a heart-centered community in incredible locations, including: the northwoods of Wisconsin, a tropical mountain overlooking the ocean in Costa Rica, amongst the rice terraces of Bali, and on a small island surrounded by turquoise waters in Greece.
Each day includes morning and evening practice and wisdom teachings based on Āyurveda, yoga, and meditation that progressively build to foster insights in your practice and life. Each day also includes delicious vegetarian meals and leaves room for free time for you to relax, go on excursions, or enjoy the amenities of the retreat.
Retreats offer depth, direct support, and the light essence of vacation. You will experience how retreating is a path of collective care; giving you the inner resources to support the way you want to be and serve in the world.
Who are retreats for?
- You want to unplug from your stresses, responsibilities, and news feeds and remember what is really important to you.
- You are at a transition in life and need the time for introspection. You want to come home to yourself so that you can reset and do the work you need to do in the world.
- You want to go deeper into your yoga and mindfulness practice, and to create new habits.
- You like the idea of a retreat to mark the season and may even want it to be a yearly ritual.
- You’re open to a new experience and to being awe-inspired by a beautiful place on earth.
- You want to be part of an open and inclusive community that accepts and supports diversity in age, race, physical and mental abilities, as well as sexual orientation and gender identity.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the things that you might learn, get, gain, or feel:
- a break from the momentum of life to slow down and remember what is meaningful
- a deeper understanding of your constitutional makeup and a path to cultivating healthier habits and routines
- tools for living in tune with the seasons
- your yoga and meditation practice deepening
- healthy movement patterns for the alignment of the body
- tools for working with the mind
- incredible, nourishing meals
- beautiful accommodations
- downtime/free time
- the company of supportive community
I offer several different retreats on a regular basis, from year to year. Choose from three days in the northwoods of Wisconsin, or seven days in magical Bali, Costa Rica, or Greece.
What to Expect
Each retreat is unique, but includes some combination of yoga and mindfulness practice, as well as instruction in yoga, meditation, and Āyurveda to deepen your practice. Whether we’re state side or exploring the land of another culture, retreats also allow for ample time to enjoy the surroundings, be pampered with spa treatments, and enjoy incredible nourishing meals.
December 15-17, 2023
May 3-5, 2024
September 6-9, 2024
Christine Center in the woods of Willard, Wisconsin
To support a vibrant state of health, this restorative three-day retreat in the northwoods of Wisconsin offers tools to adapt your yoga and self-care practices to the particular season.
Three hours northwest from Madison, The Christine Center is nestled in the tranquil woods of Willard. The center, which was created in the spirit of simplicity, stillness, and beauty, is open to all paths of faith and spirituality. The property has both rustic and modern hermitages, as well as and spots for camping in the great outdoors.
COSTA RICA RETREAT
January 13-19 & 19-25, 2024
Imiloa Retreat in Dominical, Costa Rica
Join us for an eco-luxury jungle retreat overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Imagine miles of pristine beaches, secret waterfalls, a relaxed way of being, and an opportunity to rest into your true nature.
The retreat will be held at Imiloa—a boutique retreat center on 30 acres of secondary jungle in the Saverge Mountains that invokes transformation, wellness, and harmony.
This seven-day tropical mountain retreat is designed to foster growth in Āyurveda, yoga, and meditation practices while offering ample time to enjoy the miles of beach, jungle hiking trails, and secret waterfalls.