It seems many people are fending off this season’s cold, the cure? An immune boosting soup of greens, garlic, and bone broth. A big thanks to my incredibly kind and generous neighbors who gifted me kale and chard from their abundant fall harvest to inspire this soup. And to Amy, my dear friend who made a green soup a few weeks ago that got me thinking green.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch kale, rinsed + de-stemmed
1 bunch chard, rinsed + de-stemmed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp ghee
2 c broth/stock (I used the liquid reserve from the Slow Roast Pork)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic, sautéing until the shallots become translucent.
- Add kale, chard, salt, and pepper, sautéing until tender, then add the broth/stock.
- In batches, place the vegetables and liquid in the blender blending until smooth. A blender such as a Vitamix will be quickest and create the best consistently, you can blend for longer periods of time in a normal blender.
- Pour the soup into a pot to warm if needed, you can garnish with chopped walnuts + enjoy!