By now you have likely heard that good health, in both the body and mind, begins in the gut. And certain foods can lead to digestive issues, inflammation, anxiety, depression and cancer.
My personal weakness is sugar. I can go months without being overcome by this addiction then during times of uncertainty and hardship I over-indulge. There is the sugar high, that gives my mind a brief moment of relief, that is followed all too soon by a crash of energy and literally feeling completely hung over the next day. I have come to learn that how I eat deeply effects the state of my mind and vitality.
Over the last decade I have found benefit in the Ayurvedic approach of using food as medicine and gentle cleansing to help restore my digestion and get back on track to healthy habits. Now is a perfect time to make a commitment to health, self-care, and feeling well.
Does a reset towards health and good habits sound like something you need too?
Ayurveda originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is considered the oldest continuously practiced health-care system in the world. Ayur means “life” and veda means “science” or “knowledge”, so it can be understood as a science of life. Ayurveda uses food as medicine, herbs, lifestyle routines, bodywork therapies, and gentle seasonal cleansing to nourish the tissues, remove stagnation, and increase health.
Ayurvedic cleanses have been used in India for many centuries to restore balance in the body and mind. It’s a way to improve your digestion and boost your immunity. When we don’t properly digest our foods, thoughts, or experiences—when we have poor digestion all around—it can lead to anxiety, foggy thinking, and lack of energy.
I created the RESET program to help you recalibrate the way you take care of yourself and how move through your day. You’ll learn how to stay healthy through the winter season. You will realign, replenish, and reset.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
The RESET is digestive reset aimed to be rebalancing physically as well as in a mind-emotional and heart-centering way.
- an orientation video guiding you through each step of the RESET program
- a virtual Winter Wellness workshop to help you understand winter and learn rituals and routines to stay grounded and warm – January 3th at 7pm
- a live kick-off Q&A group video call to answer any questions you may have – January 10th at 7pm
- yoga practice and guided meditation videos for the winter season
- all videos are recorded in case you want to watch at your leisure
- daily emails to support and inspire you through the process
- a 60 page in depth color RESET handbook with plant-based seasonal recipes created by Andrea specific to the winter season (if you want help getting the manual printed and mailed to you, let me know)
- tips for setting up your kitchen, winter food lists, shopping lists, meal plans, self-care rituals, and daily routine charts
- mindfulness practices to help you slow down and align with your intentions
- access to a private Facebook RESET group
- unlimited email support
- understanding Ayurveda’s approach to food as medicine
- with practices to help you feel more self-regulated and resilient
- having reset your digestive system and improved digestive health
- with healthier lifestyle routines and ideas as to how to navigate modern life in a way that feels more balancing, sustaining, and meaningful
- with a better relationship with food
- more attuned with the seasons
- with more energy and a metabolism that’s been reset
- with a boost to your immune system, setting you up for the season to come
- having given up unhealthy cravings
You will receive the information and guidance you need to partake in a whole-food, plant-based Winter RESET from the comfort of your own home. There are no shakes, fasting, or expensive supplements. You will be eating three meals a day.
Although there are set dates for the RESET, it’s designed for you to adjust the dates to work best for you. Here’s what the schedule looks like:
Review the RESET manual. Purchase supplies and prepare your kitchen. Set your intentions.
- Phase 1 Simplify (days 1-2): Enjoy three seasonally aligned plant-based meals per day. Incorporate daily self-care practices and relax into your routine.
- Phase 2 RESET (day 3): Enjoy three meals of Ayurveda’s purifying and healing kitchari. If desired, you could continue with Simplify.
- Phase 3 Restore (days 4-5): Is for restoring and returning to the seasonally aligned meals of the first phase.
Begin reintegrating a balanced diet step-by-step as you return to your daily activities with increased vitality.
One week prior to the start of the RESET you’ll get access to an orientation webinar as well all the materials you need to have a successful RESET.
Other Things to Expect
The first two days of the RESET are about eliminating and avoiding hard to digest foods—including alcohol, sugar, and flesh foods— and upgrading to more health-giving foods, like maple syrup instead of white sugar. You’ll also set intentions, and learn Ayurvedic self-care rituals, as well as how to set up a sacred kitchen.
During phase two, the main cleanse, you’ll eat purifying meals with seasonal vegetables and continue with your Ayurvedic self-care rituals. Reducing sensory stimulus and slowing down so you can proceed with a lot of intentionality is recommended.
Finally, during phase three you’ll follow a step-by-step protocol for introducing foods back into your diet. You’ll have worked hard to reduce and eliminate certain foods, which you may decide not to reintroduce.
Do you need help cooking?
If you don’t have time to shop for the ingredients or cook during the cleanse (and you live in Madison), the Cleanse & Restore meal plan will be perfect for you! Holistic nutritionist and personal chef, Lauren Montelbano of the Vibrant Veg, will cook your phase 1 & 3 lunch and dinners for you which includes 8 meals. (You will be cooking each morning’s breakfast as well as the main kitchari purifying dish during phase 2). The 8 meals with onsite pick up is $165, add $25 for delivery. Email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your cleanse meal plan prior to January 6th at 5pm.
There are times in which is best not to partake in a cleanse such as during pregnancy, nursing, heavy menstruation, acute sickness, or illness (flu, cancer, etc.). If you have questions about whether this cleanse is appropriate for you, consult with your primary care provider, and email me at email@example.com.
Prior to the RESET start date, I recommend purchasing split yellow mung beans and white rice for kitchari from Willy Street Coop, Amazon, or Divya’s.
Reset with the community for the set dates or adjust the dates of the reset to be most convenient for you. Anyone in any time zone anywhere can register for this cleanse.
You will have access to the materials for sixty days. When you sign up be sure to subscribe to emails so that you receive the Winter Reset materials and daily program emails. Given the digital nature of this course, refunds are not available once you have accessed the course.