Join me on a retreat close to home in the tranquil woods of northern Wisconsin. The retreat will be held at The Christine Center in Willard (three hours northwest from Madison) on 125 acres of land, offering a nurturing and supportive environment for deepening practice and connection. The retreat center was founded by a Franciscan nun and for 30 years has been open to all paths of faith and spirituality.
During the retreat, we’ll focus on slowing down and deepening your yoga and meditation practice. We’ll also learn Ayurvedic lifestyle and practice recommendations to align harmoniously with the season, so your health and well-being may flourish. I’ll also be joined by a certified Ayurvedic bodyworker offering abhyanga massage and consultations at an additional cost.
Each afternoon there will be free time to walk in the woods, sit on benches overlooking the pond, drink tea, read, knit, or whatever else feels relaxing and restorative.
There is a real sense of community at these retreats and many participants return time and time again. It’s a wonderful and welcoming environment for those who are new to retreats and/or yoga and meditation. These retreats are short and sweet, but offer just enough time to come back home to yourself without having to travel far.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
This retreat will allow you to unplug from your stresses and responsibilities, from electronics and newsfeeds, and remember what is really important to you. You will get the time you need for introspection so that you can reset and come home to yourself. You’ll go deeper into your yoga and mindfulness practice and learn to create new habits. You’ll also be part of an open and inclusive community of fellow spiritual seekers.
- two nights of modest accommodation at The Christine Center
- six nourishing and satisfying vegetarian meals
- all-day coffee/tea and fruit
- daily Ayurveda, yoga & meditation classes
- feeling rested and restored
- remembering what is meaningful and important in your life
- with a deeper understanding of your constitutional makeup and how to cultivate healthier habits and routines
- with a deeper sense of your yoga and meditation practice
- with tools for living in tune with the seasons
- with tools for working with the mind
- having connected with fellow spiritual travelers
- 3:30pm to 6:45pm | Arrival
- 5:30pm | Dinner
- 7pm to 8:30pm | Ayurveda, yoga & meditation
- 8am | Breakfast
- 9am to 10am | Ayurveda talk
- 10am to noon | Yoga practice
- 12:30pm | Lunch
- 1:30pm to 3pm | Free time
- 3pm to 5pm | Ayurveda, yoga & meditation
- 5:30pm | Dinner
- 7pm to 8pm | Meditation
- 8am | Breakfast
- 9am to noon | Yoga & meditation
- 12:30pm | Lunch
- 1:30pm | Depart
The Christine Center offers four kinds of modest accommodations, including: both modern and rustic hermitages that are unique and simple, guest house rooms, and tent camping spots. Both single, double, and triple occupancy are available.
All hermitages have electricity. The modern hermitages have gas or electric heat, a bathroom with a shower, and a furnished kitchenette. Rustic hermitages have gas or wood stoves for heating and a Porta Potti.
Guest house rooms have private bathrooms, skylights, and in-floor radiant heating. A handicapped accessible room is available.
Several areas are set aside for tent camping. For campers and rustic hermitage guests there is a modern, beautiful bathroom facility nearby, which has separate women’s and men’s sections.
The Christine Center emphasizes natural foods and meals made from scratch. The food on their tables has a sense of inner spiritual nourishment in harmony with the land.
Many of the vegetables, fruits, breads, honey, maple syrup, and eggs served are from The Christine Center’s own organic gardens and from local farmers. Their cooks bring unique creativity and style to preparing nurturing dishes with these ingredients.
Seven vegetarian meals are included. Coffee/tea and fruit are always available. Additional special dietary needs can be accommodated upon advance request.
Travel & Arrival
- Please plan to arrive at The Christine Center—a three hour drive from Madison—between 3:30pm and 6:45pm on Friday. A welcome dinner will be served at 5:30pm. The first yoga class begins at 7pm.
- On Sunday, class ends at noon and is followed by a closing lunch at 12:30pm.
- If you would like to also stay Sunday night, additional reservations can be made through The Christine Center.
Other Things to Expect
Accommodations are not luxurious at The Christine Center, but the price reflects that and the setting is beautiful. You’ll be in a wooded wetland just far enough north of Madison to feel like you’re out of the city and in nature. Please also remember that Ayurveda is a strong component of this retreat. You must bring your own yoga mat, yoga strap and meditation cushion.
Triple occupancy $430
Double occupancy $440
Double occupancy $410
Single occupancy $445
Double occupancy $435
Single occupancy $480
Commuter with meals $335
Individual Ayurvedic abhyanga massages and marma facials are an additional cost. To schedule a session while on retreat, please contact Kathy McAlister directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds up to two weeks prior to the retreat will be honored. No refunds will be made for cancellations two weeks or less from the retreat start date.
Payment is required in full to reserve your spot.
For Yoga Alliance registered teachers 10 hours of continuing education are available with this retreat.