I took my first retreat in 2000 in Tulum, Mexico. It was such an enriching experience that I began attending several yoga, meditation, and spiritual retreats a year. It set to motion a dream of leading my own retreats one day.
I now offer several retreats a year in incredible locations locally (in Wisconsin) and abroad.
I love teaching retreats and watching how they transform people. Layers of stress, the momentum of responsibility, and the pressure of trying to keep up with modern life’s pace all fall away. Participants begin to relax into themselves in a more genuine way. They start to remember what’s true in their hearts and their lives. It’s quite beautiful to see everyone embodying their most natural selves by the end of the retreat.
Many people reach out to say they now have a regular daily meditation or yoga practice thanks to being on a retreat. I’m thrilled to know that people are going back to their lives with more tools, and more connected to intentionality and a deepened spiritual practice. Maybe you’d like to be one of those people too.
I offer a variety of transformational retreats that deeply immerse you in the practices of Ayurveda, yoga, and meditation, while enjoying nourishing food and a wonderful community in incredible locations, including: the north woods of Wisconsin, a tropical mountain overlooking the ocean in Costa Rica, amongst the rice terraces of Bali, and on a small island surrounded by turquoise waters in Greece.
Each day includes morning and evening practice and teachings based on Ayurveda, yoga, and meditation that progressively build to foster insights in your practice and life. Each day also includes delicious vegetarian meals and leaves room for free time for you to relax, go on excursions, or enjoy the amenities of the retreat.
Who are retreats for?
- You want to unplug from your stresses and responsibilities, from electronics and newsfeeds, and remember what is really important to you.
- You are at a transition in life and need the time for introspection. You want to come home to yourself so that you can reset and do the work you need to do in the world.
- You want to go deeper into your yoga and mindfulness practice, and to create new habits.
- You like the idea of a retreat to mark the season and may even want it to be a yearly ritual.
- You’re open to a new experience and to being awe-inspired by a beautiful place on earth.
- You want to be part of an open and inclusive community that accepts and supports diversity in age, race, physical andmental abilities, as well as sexual orientation and gender identity.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the things that you might learn, get, gain, or feel:
- a break from the momentum of life to slow down and remember what is meaningful
- a deeper understanding of your constitutional makeup and a path to cultivating healthier habits and routines
- tools for living in tune with the seasons
- your yoga and meditation practice deepening
- healthy movement patterns for the alignment of the body
- tools for working with the mind
- incredible, nourishing meals
- beautiful accommodations
- downtime/free time
- the company of supportive community
I offer several different retreats on a regular basis, from year to year. Choose from three days in the north woods of Wisconsin, or seven days in magical Bali, Costa Rica or Greece.
What to Expect
Each retreat is unique, but includes some combination of yoga and mindfulness practice, as well as instruction in yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda to deepen your practice. Whether we’re state side or exploring the land of another culture, retreats also allow for ample time to enjoy the surroundings, be pampered with spa treatments, and enjoy incredible, nourishing meals.
September 27-29, 2019
Christine Center in the woods of Willard, Wisconsin
To support a vibrant state of health, this restorative three-day retreat in the north woods of Wisconsin offers tools to adapt your yoga and self-care practices to the particular season.
Three hours northwest from Madison, The Christine Center is nestled in the tranquil woods of Willard. The center, which was created in the spirit of simplicity, stillness, and beauty by a Franciscan nun, is open to all paths of faith and spirituality. The property has both rustic and modern hermitages, as well as and spots for camping in the great outdoors.
August 31-September 7, 2019
& June 13-20, 2020
Itha108 on the island of Ithaca, in Greece
This seven-day island retreat is designed to foster growth in Ayurveda, yoga, and meditation practices while giving you ample time to replenish your inner reserves.
This retreat is held at Itha 108, touted as one of “the most beautiful retreat centers in Europe”. Envision yourself experiencing breathtaking panoramic views of the Ionian Sea, relaxing on sun-drenched terraces, finding serenity in quiet shady nooks, and soaking up the peace and tranquility of an ancient coastline steeped in mythology.
COSTA RICA RETREAT
January 4-11, 2020
January 11-18, 2020
January 25-February 1, 2020
AHKí Retreat on the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica
This seven-day tropical mountain retreat is designed to foster growth in Ayurveda, yoga, and meditation practices while offering ample time to enjoy the beach or kayaking through the mangroves of the Rio Nosara.
AHKí Retreat Center is a tranquil and enchanting facility nestled in the mountains, near the Pacific coast. A truly sacred space, it was built according to the ancient science of vatsushastra, “the yoga of space”, with all structures (including beautiful and spacious cabinas) built in conjunction with the nine directions, five elements, the earth’s vibrational grid, and planetary energies. It also features a library, a spectacular outdoor pool for relaxing, and a spa.