This is an example of how each day might unfold:
- 7am | Meditation & Mindfulness Practices
- 8am | Breakfast
- 9am to 10am | Ayurveda talk
- 10am to noon | Yoga practice
- 12:15pm | Lunch
- 1pm to 6pm | Free time for excursions, beach, hiking, solitude, etc.
- 6pm | Dinner
- 7pm to 8pm | Evening practice
Nestled amongst the trees along a mountain ridge, just a short walk from the main house, AKHí offers two beautiful and spacious cabinas with a total of six large guest rooms. All rooms feature handcrafted Costa Rican hardwood furniture made by local artisans and have stellar views of the mountains and valleys. The heads of all the beds are positioned to the south or east, in keeping with a Vastu principle that this helps to induce a restful night’s sleep. Single, double, and triple occupancy are available.
Private bathrooms with large, unique, indoor/outdoor hot water showers and amenities of the highest standards are provided to enhance your experience of comfort and peace. Each room includes fine linens, a ceiling fan, wardrobe and storage space, patios, and daily housekeeping.
AHKí serves fresh (organic, when available) vegan/vegetarian, gluten/dairy-free meals made from scratch. All meals are served in a lovely open air dining room, with a grand vista of the gardens, pool and mountains and sea.
Yogurt, milk, butter and locally baked breads are available for those not avoiding gluten or dairy. Meals are carefully planned to be climate appropriate and you will never feel weighed down from food that’s too heavy, but you will leave the table satiated.
Three vegetarian meals are included each day. Coffee/tea and fruit are always available. Vegan-friendly and gluten-free options are plentiful. Additional special dietary needs can be accommodated upon advance request. Chicken or fish may also be added to up to three meals at an additional cost.
Travel & Arrival
- A valid passport is required and must be valid at least six months after the date of travel (July 2018). It’s highly recommended to obtain travel insurance.
- Two weeks prior to departure for the retreat you must supply your up-to-date flight information if you’d like to be picked-up at the Liberia International Airport.
- Plan to arrive before 3pm on Saturday to Liberia International. You will proceed through immigration and customs and then retrieve your luggage. You will be greeted by AHKí transportation and taken to the retreat center which is approximately two hours away.
- Plan to fly out of Liberia International Airport after noon on departure Saturday.
- If you would like to arrange to extend your trip I can recommend tours and sights to see.
Other Things to Expect
Days in Costa Rica are warm/hot and evenings are a little cooler, giving you reprieve from the heat, which helps since there is no air conditioning. The retreat happens during the dry season, so it’s highly unlikely that it’ll rain. Since we’ll be staying at a retreat center with indoor/outdoor elements, expect to be somewhat exposed to nature (including winds and cute geckos), as well as the sounds of monkeys and tropical birds when the jungle wakes up.